- Oracle Order management is one of the most important part of the oracle EBS. The Order Management Application provides many flexible features enabling you to set up your system to begin processing different types of sales order.
- In this document we are going to see the basic setups of Order management in Oracle EBS R12.
- Few of the information that is required while setting up Oracle Order Management is shared through other modules like System Administrator for enabling profile options, Oracle Pricing Manager for Price List setup.
- Firstly let’s add the Order Management Super User Responsibility to the User
Invoking: System Administrator→Security→Responsibility→Define
- Now let’s add the responsibility to the user
Invoking : System Administrator→Security→User→Define
- Run replicate seed data as below
Invoking: System Administrator→View→Request→Submit New Request
- Now if switch the responsibility to order management and try to invoke Sales Order or Sales Agreement it won’t allow us to process, it will prompt an error as below.
Order Management→Orders, Returns→Sales Orders
- In order to enable these functionalities we have to follow mandatory setups as below.
Document Sequence / Assignment
STEP 1: PROFILE OPTIONS
Invoking: System Adminitrator→Profile→System
In Profile field enter these features:
STEP 2: SYSTEM PARAMETERS
Invoking: Order Management→Setup→Shipping Parameters→Define
STEP 3: SHIPPING PARAMETER
Invoking: Order Management→Setup→Shipping→Shipping Parameters
Auto create Deliveries
Pick release automatically creates deliveries based on the delivery grouping rules and assigns delivery lines to them. When pick releasing, the Auto create Deliveries check box in the pick release form defaults to this parameter setting if you enter a warehouse. If you do not enter a warehouse, pick release uses this parameter setting from the organization of the warehouse on each sales order line.
Pick release does not automatically create deliveries.
Auto Allocate check boxes
Pick release creates move orders and automatically allocates them.
Pick release creates move orders. You must manually allocate the order lines using the Inventory Transact Move Orders window.
STEP 4: SYSTEM OPTIONS
Invoking: Order Management→Setup→Customers→System Options
STEP 5: TRANSACTION TYPES
Invoking: Order Management→Setup→Transation Types→Define
And Transaction Type as below.
STEP 6: DOCUMENT SEQUENCE & ASSAIGING
Invoking: Order Management→Setup→Documents→Define
Invoking: Order Management→Setup→Documents→Assign
STEP 7: PRICE LIST
QP: Pricing Transaction Entity = Order Fulfillment
QP: Source System Code = Oracle Pricing
Save and close the dialog box.
STEP 8: Creating CUSTOMERS
Invoking: Order Management→Orders, Returns →Sales Order
Thank you ||Raja||